Mozilla apps?

Johnneylee Rollins johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 15:12:50 UTC 2010

<snip>

> I followed the links you provided.  If I understand them, they aid you
> in compiling and installing from source code.  That is beyond my level
> of expertise.
>
> As a new user I am trying to determine if there is a safe reliable
> method to install them before they are packaged and put in a repository.
> On my test machine I noticed that 3.6 picks up the bookmarks from 3.5
> and was surprised by that.  Also I noticed if I run 3.6 and shut it down
> and open 3.5 it checks for addins and then loads Firefox (en_GB) 3.5.2
> and Xulrunner (en_GB) 1.9.12.
>
> When I setup my new machine for everyday use I want to avoid introducing
> problems if I can.

Well using those tools I mentined, it's not really compiling from
source so much as making a .deb installer from source. It's safe and
easy to install and it doesn't overwrite firefox 3.5 I'd have the same
worry for some random person's source code, but not for mozilla.
But YMYR. Have fun with whatever you decide.
<snip>

~SpaceGhost