NTFS drive wont mount - "unknown filesystem"?

David McNally david3333333 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 22:49:42 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 12:40 AM, Patton Echols <p.echols at comcast.net> wrote:
> On 01/22/2010 02:11 PM, David McNally wrote:
>> Hmm... looks like he's still being a dick. Maybe I should write
>> something again telling him to apologise for that.
>>

>>> Sorry about being a dick earlier.
>>>

>> Amazing! He knew exactly what I was going to do before I did it! Is he
>> from the future, or is he just logical?
>>
>> I just can't help but appreciate the irony of writing nasty comments
>> and then apologising for writing them in the same email.
>>

> Give the guy a break, he actually is trying to help and offered to go
> look in stead of sending OP to lmgtfy.com

Asking "Do you need some hand holding?" is not trying to help. It's
trying to be obnoxious and rude.

> If you had read the thread, you would know that he was apolgizing for
> the prior post.  And you made your point and at this point he may not be
> the only one being the dick.

If you had read the thread, you would know that I did read the thread.
You would know this because you would have read my incredibly long
post describing what I thought of his first post. I am trying to get
help with my hard drive, and I'm not here to be treated like an
infant. Being told "Do you need some hand holding?" is not how people
help each other.

I think that I've received enough help from most people who
contributed to this thread. A lot of people helped me out, and one guy
pissed me off twice, and person stood up for the guy who pissed me off
twice. I think that I have enough information to continue on my own.
Most of the people here were extremely polite and answered all of my
questions quickly and kindly. If I do need any more help with this, I
think I'll go somewhere else, and find people who are more helpful
than Patton Echols or Johnneylee Rollins. Like MS customer support.

--
David McNally
david3333333 at gmail.com
Linux Kernel 2.6.31-17-generic