Wifi and Ubuntu 9.10

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 23 21:41:01 UTC 2010

On 01/23/2010 10:48 AM, Alfredo De Luca wrote:
> Hi al.
> Just installed Ubuntu 9.10 and all ok except the wifi. My wifi is a Intel
> Pro Wireless 3945. I have Ubuntu in a dual boot configuration with Win 7 and
> within windows is all ok but when I start Ubuntu the wifi will connect
> easily to my router (sitecom) and it ask me the WAP password. After that all
> seems ok but after 30 seconds  the connection drops and try to reconnect
> again then drop again and so on....
>
> With LAN is all ok and I have noticed that if I have wifi connection with no
> security seems to be working fine.

Assuming that you've already used google or some other search engine
first, have a look through launchpad to see if you can spot a similar
issue already filed:

<https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text=Intel+Pro+Wireless+3945+%2Bdisconnect&field.actions.search=Search>

You can modify the search field (similar to a google search) to try and
pin it down further.

This looks like a likely candidate:
[[Jaunty] Intel wireless 3945ABG is unstable and disconnects frequently]

These might be of interest:
http://intellinuxwireless.org/
http://intellinuxwireless.org/?p=iwlwifi
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download