copy to cd

Leonard lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 23 16:35:24 UTC 2010

John Heinen wrote:
> Colin Law wrote:

>>> Right, I do have the cd/dvd creator up but
>>>
>>> There is a step missing no? Drag from where and how? for example, copy a
>>> letter to my Queen
>>>

>> If you don't know where you saved it, but it is still in the recent
>> files of OO then open it and click File, Properties and on the General
>> tab (I think) it will show the location of the file.
>>
>> When saving a new file it is always a good idea to save it to
>> somewhere appropriate, your Documents folder for example.
>>
>> Colin
>>

> Well, thanks Colin, Carl and Gabriel, I am still in the dark, though.
> .With windows X, I click on Nero and Nero does the thinking and asking
> where and what I want to do, very very simple.
> What is this 00 file, I know where the Queen's file is, it is in
> documents, I can see that it is there, but what is this drag and drop.
> Thank you for your patience John

You can't drag and drop from the cli if that's what you are trying to
do.  Open a file browser, nautilus or dolphan, go to the folder where
the file you want to copy is and drag it from there to the cd creator to
copy it.  HTH some. It's just as simple in Ubuntu if you are using
it correctly.

--
Leonard
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net