Networking help needed

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Fri Jan 22 08:41:51 UTC 2010

A couple of months ago I set up a Ubuntu test machine and now I have
purchased a new system and put Ubuntu on it. I am having trouble getting
an OS/2 machine on my lan to connect to the new Ubuntu machine.

My test machine can connect to my new machine and the new machine can
connect to the test machine.

My test machine can connect to my os/2 machine and my os/2 machnine can
connect to my test machine.

My new machine can connect to my os/2 machine BUT the os/2 machine
cannot connect to my new machine.

I get an error:  NET2141: The server is not configured for transactions.

As far as i can remember I set Samba up the same way on my test machine
and the new machine and looking at the config files seems to bear this
out, the only difference being the names of the folders I set for sharing.

Thanks  Jim