Anyone Moved from postgresql 8.2 to 8.4?

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Fri Jan 22 20:32:02 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:13:19PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Just curious about the procedure.  I assume need to dump and reload
> databases.
>
> Anyone done this upgrade?

I have a hazy recollection of doing that on one of my servers recently,
although maybe it was 8.2 -> 8.3.

When you apt-get upgrade postgresql, you get a debconf message telling
you what to do.  The procedure is also documented in
/usr/share/doc/postgresql-8.4/README.Debian.gz

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--
When in danger, or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
		-- Robert A. Heinlein