R: Problem with Samba configuration

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Fri Jan 22 07:05:56 UTC 2010

On 01/21/2010 12:18 AM, Sauro Cesaretti wrote:
> Thank you all!!
> About the lines that Donatas told me.
> in which section do they belong?
> Is it ok in global or in homes?
> Second, I saw that in this way when I try to open the remote computer
> form windows, even if it still doesnt work, I can see a folder called
> homes.
> Is it possible that the homes of the users  will be viewed in the root
> of the remote computer?
> Hope the massage is clear.
> Thanks again
> Best Regards, Sauro

it is also generally a good idea to use the testparm command to test
your master config file for correct syntax.  See this page:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/install.html
 and search down for the "testparm" command.

While this would NOT have fixed the question that OP asked, it will also
validate syntax and also result in a tighter, more efficient smb.conf file.