Switching a friend to Ubuntu

Leonard lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 21 19:29:04 UTC 2010

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 13:31:50 -0500
> Nathan Bahn <nathan.bahn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> With all due respect (and no disrespect implied), may I suggest that
>> this topic is becoming increasingly off topic?  The original posting,
>> after all, was a request for advice regarding what Linux distribution
>> would be best for a raw novice.
>
> ...at which point Mint came up.  How is it off-topic to refute the
> suggestion of using Mint and instead to advocate Ubuntu?
>
> Cybe R. Wizard
Because you and everyone who posted are talking about prejudices and
hatreds that have gone on for ages in this world.  Not appropriate for
this list.  Although I respect Dotan, you and the others who posted, it
os OT and should stop.  The messages about Mint has been made and I
doubt I would ever use it even though I haven't tried to verify what has
been said.  this thread should eithe stop or get back to the OPs
question. Peace.

--
Leonard
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net