Best Music player

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 17:42:50 UTC 2010

2010/1/19 vijay shanker <vijay.shad at gmail.com>:
> Okay guys,
> I have listening music on
> - Rhythmbox
> and on
> - Banshee
> But as a output result they are not any way equal to Media Player on
> windows.

Are you talking about sound quality? In that case that is very
strange. The sound quality should be determined by your sound card,
not by the audio player. All the audio player should do, as I see it,
is to translate the sound file to samples and send it to the sound
card (probably via something else), so it's pure math and I can see no
reason why the result would differ with one audio player from another.

However, I CAN think of something that COULD be the case: Maybe some
audio players do some audio processing before sending the sound to the
limiting and maybe normalizing the signal. Such processing usually, if
done well, makes most kinds of music sound better to may people. So if
Windows Media Player does that and Rhythmbox (for example) doesn't,
you would probably think that Windows Media Player sounds better.

Johnny Rosenberg
(Guitarist and sound engineer/producer - yes, I know, nobody cares, sorry)