Karmic upgraqde = no audio

Mark C. Miller mr.mcmiller at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 16:38:25 UTC 2010

I'm pretty sure I've seen this horse beaten to within an inch of it's
life, but I can't remember where those conversations took place.  Please
excuse the rehash of an old problem.

I have one Ubuntu 9.10 box where audio works fine.  I have pulse audio
installed. I have three other 9.10 boxes with no audio.  Pulse audio is
installed on all three. Output device selection is the same (Analog
Output/No amplifier.  The volume control in all three boxes shows
movement for left and right channels. I have applied all available
updates on all three computers.

Audio did work on all three boxes with 9.04 installed,

Suggestions on how resolve this will be appreciated.

tnx

mcm