Please ask non-technical questions on sounder@ (Was: Switching a friend to Ubuntu)

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Thu Jan 21 15:23:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, January 20, 2010 11:02, Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I finally convinced a friend of mine to try out Linux.
> He uses Windows but he is very unaware of what one can do with a
> computer. He only uses OpenOffice, firefox and the Windows Vista mail
> client. Sevreal problems pop up on his Windows such as updates which he
> does not understand, a gradually slowing down, Virus scanner for which
> he has to pay, etc. He also uses all his apps in full screen mode, it is
> less distracting for him. Also I would describe him as a real Noob.
>
> He is willing to try out Ubuntu on his Desktop. Now I wonder what would
> be best for him: install Ubuntu or UNR?
>
> Please any positive advice on what *buntu would be best for my friend?

Hi Alain,

Your question is not a technical question.

You are asking about personal preferences and opinions.
Sounder at lists.ubuntu.com is more appropriate for such questions.
As you may have noticed, your question created several off-topic
subthreads. This was to be expected, because of the non-technical subject
of your question.

So please (and this is for everybody with similar questions):
* strictly technical questions: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
* all other questions: sounder at lists.ubuntu.com

Disclaimer: this is just a gentle suggestion and should not be taken as an
absolute interdiction to post non-technical questions on
ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

--
Amedee