from germinate tool, or grep-dcontrol manifest - Re: ISO size breakdown? ISO diff?

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Thu Jan 21 11:23:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:23:45 +0100, "Oliver Grawert" <ogra at ubuntu.com> said:
> hi,
> Am Montag, den 18.01.2010, 00:53 -0800 schrieb giovanni_re:
> > Is there an breakdown analysis by size of the major categories of the files on the ISOs?

> look at the manifest file for the iso and write a grep-dcontrol script
> (or some apt-cheche stuff) that parses the file and gets you the package
> sizes ...

Is that something you would do, please? I'm not in a position to do it - don't know about those topics, etc. Thanks :)

> alternatively there is the germinate tool that operates on top of the
> seeds used to create the images and can spit out tables with sizes ...

This sounds like the best way to get the info I'm asking about - right from the system that creates the components for the ISO.

Again: is that something you would/can do?  Will you please?

If you are unable to do that, do you know who does that kind of thing? Who should I ask?

Thanks :)

> ciao
> 	oli

ciao :)