buying a printer

Johnneylee Rollins johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 05:02:35 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:17:04 -0000, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>>      Not so. The new printers now all have an agreed on format
>>> that the Linux printer driver provides. You are just out of touch.
>>>
>>> 73 Karl
>>>
>> Could you point me to information on this 'agreed format'
>>
>        I found it on Google about a year ago. Not sure they had the
> format to show you, just that it exists. Our cups is made to
> match that so Ubuntu works.
>

> 73 Karl

Karl do us a favor and actually provide information that isn't based
in your own opinions.
I would love to see any verification of what you are claiming. What if
you are wrong? You've just bum steered another user who you've
cunningly deceived into thinking that you are a user who is in the
know. Provide facts. State opinions as opinions and not facts. If you
are so old, wise sage, surely you would know the difference between
the two. (Stop calling me shirly. /quote)

As per the linux capable printers, I'd still find some nice printers
in your price range and see if they are linux supported. If those
aren't, find a new batch of printers to find linux drivers for. If you
look for linux supported printers, you could end up with a list a year
to three old. I'd look for relatively new printers and then check for
their presence in the linux community.

~SpaceGhost