Laptop battery consumption

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 22:51:44 UTC 2010

mdovell at comcast.net wrote:
> One thing I like on Ubuntu is it gives me more specific information on my laptop battery. Unfortutatly it is now down to 66%-75% range in terms of power. Is there any way to recalibrate batteries in terms of making them perform longer? I've heard some suggest you have it running with very little and drain it and then recharge..does this sound right?

	Ubuntu or Windows or Mac, you need to calibrate the indicator
so you know how many minutes you have before it drops out.

	Do this while using the laptop. Charge it clear up. On a
paper or your printer note the time from full charge,
indicator  reading and any other thing that might help. Do
this until the laptop stops.

	Now you have a paper with the data you need. Have fun!

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User