Ext4 file system corruption and possible data loss

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 12:45:58 UTC 2010

ke, 2010-01-20 kello 10:26 +0100, Markus Schönhaber kirjoitti:

> Well, "testdisk" actually is the tool I was talking about. It's in the
> repositories (universe).
> More info here:
> http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

I tried to fix the problem with TestDisk. It wrote new ext superblocks
on the whole disk, when I thought it would search for the old ones, so
the file system of the Ubuntu installation is finished and burried. Then
I tried to get the files out, but Photorec can only see some useless
Windows files, the names of which are changed to series of numbers.
Currently I'm pretty much fed up with ALL operating systems.

Thanks for helping

-Ari-