Switching a friend to ubuntu

Peter Smout peter.smout at o2.co.uk
Wed Jan 20 12:28:58 UTC 2010

Hi,
Allthough I have no wish to get involved in a flamewar!!!, I converted from window 16 months ago (ish) and have found ubuntu (with gnome desktop) very easy to get on with.

As you would expect it is not windows but better than the vista ultimate I was using prior to ubuntu (8.10 to start recently upgraded to 9.10!). Of course there are differences but rather than go for a windows alike system, embrace them and learn far more than i ever did using winduds from 95 onwards!

Regards,

Peter Smout

Registerd Ubuntu user # 30042