Switching a friend to Ubuntu

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Wed Jan 20 10:02:54 UTC 2010

Hi All

I finally convinced a friend of mine to try out Linux.
He uses Windows but he is very unaware of what one can do with a
computer. He only uses OpenOffice, firefox and the Windows Vista mail
client. Sevreal problems pop up on his Windows such as updates which he
does not understand, a gradually slowing down, Virus scanner for which
he has to pay, etc. He also uses all his apps in full screen mode, it is
less distracting for him. Also I would describe him as a real Noob.

He is willing to try out Ubuntu on his Desktop. Now I wonder what would
be best for him: install Ubuntu or UNR?

Please any positive advice on what *buntu would be best for my friend?

Tx/Alain

Alain Muls                                   alain.muls at rma.ac.be
Royal Military Academy                              +32.2.7426340
Department CISS                                 srt +32.2.7426476
Renaissance Avenue 30, B1000 Brussels