secure shell

Johnneylee Rollins johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 01:33:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Donatas <fetdonatas at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:12 AM, pookito <pookito at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I was just thinking about learning secure shell is there any place that
>> you
>> might know that I could learn just the basic on how to use it and what is
>> for.  Any response would be greatly appreciated.
SSH is used to remotely connect to another device running a ssh
server, it gives you a terminal to run commands from but you can also
use Xforwarding to have the machine do the processing of some gui
application on it's side, but send the actual application's gui to
you. You can also run a full desktop of the remote computer through
ssh.

~SpaceGhost