When incorporates Ubuntu the new bios EFI software ? (Graphical Bios)

Hein van Helsdingen hvanhelsdingen at online.nl
Tue Jan 19 20:55:16 UTC 2010

Dear All.

I just bought a new computer.  It was impossible  to install Ubuntu
9.10. on it, the message I got was MP-Bios bug: 8254 timer not connected
to IO-APIC. The computer has a MSI motherboard with a new kind of Bios,
a graphical Bios, EFI.  The computer also can not work with an attached
USB stick with an Ubuntu 9.10 system on it.
Presuming it is the new Bios that makes the trouble, I made the
question: When is Ubuntu incorporating new software to work with the new
Bios system EFI ?  Already with the 10.04?   (In that case I keep my new
computer, and....wait.)

Thanks on forehand for the information.
Hein van Helsdingen, Holland.