Samba and Windows 7

pclapham at windstream.net pclapham at windstream.net
Tue Jan 19 15:41:43 UTC 2010

Hi, all --
I wonder if any of you have succeeded in using an Ubuntu PDC with Windows 7. I have a network successfully using XP-64 and Ubuntu, and I would like to "upgrade" the XP to Windows 7. Unfortunately, Microsoft has added a lot of bells and whistles to the latter, so that it's not as easy as it used to be. I have found the control dialogues to enable the Windows boxes to find the PDC and to enable the workstation to join the domain, but I get the message that the PDC can't be found. I suspect that there's something else in Microsoft's bells and whistles that keeps the connection from being made.
Thanks.
cheers,
pete