LTSP server Help

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue Jan 19 14:45:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 3:33 AM, shali Kallumpuram <
vidyaserveradmin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have set up a LTSP server in ubuntu 9.04 in computer Lab, and its working
> fine . now i need to disable the X . that means i need only shell in that
> lab for programming.
> any body please help me.

Isn't the way LTSP works is by setting up a remote X session?  If you
disable X then you disable LTSP.   There's an edubuntu-users mailing list
where you might want to ask LTSP questions.  What I wonder is if you could
set up xterm as the window manager.

I don't know about you, but I often have ten or twenty xterm windows open so
the window manager is very useful.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org