R: Tunneling ssh

Sauro Cesaretti saurocesaretti1983 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 11:36:55 UTC 2010

Ok, thanks so much.
It works fine .
Regards, Sauro

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] Per conto di Loïc Grenié
Inviato: lunedì 18 gennaio 2010 23.30
A: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions
Oggetto: Re: Tunneling ssh

2010/1/18 Sauro Cesaretti <saurocesaretti1983 at gmail.com>:
> Hello Everyone,
> I ned to connect to a computer of a frined that is inside a network
> where he cannot forward any port.
> I was planning to make a tunnel with the small server that I ave in my
> house.
> I have tried with some syntax of the ssh command but I seems that is
not
> working.
> Could you give me some indicatons please?
> in my server the port of the ssh service is the standard one: 22 and
in
> the other computer it is the same.
> Thanks for your support
> Regards, Sauro

     On the friend's computer:

ssh -L 22:127.0.0.1:2222 server.home.net

  (where server.home.net is your server) should
  do the trick. To connect to your friend's ssh server, you can
  do

ssh -p 2222 server.home.net

    (from memory, it could be slightly off).

     Hope this helps,

          Loïc

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: