Samba Configuration

Michael Satterwhite michael at weblore.com
Mon Jan 18 16:10:08 UTC 2010

I'm looking for methods of configuring Samba in 9.10. I know how to edit the
configuration file - that's not the issue. I'm trying to help a couple of new
Linux users learn how to configure their home networks without having to become
techies.

Swat doesn't seem to be supported anymore. That would have been my first
recommendation to them - although the setup for it can be a bit daunting. The
Ubuntu website says that from Nautilus you can right click a directory and
select "Sharing" The problem is that "Sharing" isn't one of the options
available when you right click a directory.

I really need to point them at a gui tool for this. Any suggestions?

As always - all assistance appreciated.

---Michael