Looking for web task list software that one can point to with URLs

Johnneylee Rollins johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 12:02:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 2:54 AM, Chris G <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> This isn't specifically Ubuntu but it'll probably use a LAMP server so
> near enough.
>
> I'm looking for a web (e.g. PHP probably) based Task List or Todo
> application where one can set up links from other web pages to point
> to the tasks in the Task List.
>
> For example I set up a ToDo entry that says I need to get the car
> serviced in June 2010.  Then in my car blog or journal I put an entry
> in that is a link to the ToDO so that whn I click on it up pop the
> details for the requirement (e.g. exact date, importance, etc. etc.).
>
> Can anyone suggest a tool for doing something like this?
You want people to know where you will be and when? I think I'll grab
my camera and follow your blog...
Personally I'd use Gina Tripani's (from Lifehacker)'s script called todo.sh
http://ginatrapani.github.com/todo.txt-cli/
Maybe modify it to work with php and mysql. anything you could hack
together. I don't know of a specific task manager you could run on
your server or computer. I use todo for things on my computer, and
gmail tasks for life things.

~SpaceGhost