Beginner Q3: Is there a way of permanently unlocking the keyring?

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Sun Jan 17 14:38:50 UTC 2010

Brian McKee wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 4:30 AM, Thomas Blasejewicz
> <thomas at s7.dion.ne.jp> wrote:
>
>> Good evening
>> I have set "system - administration - login" to automatically login.
>> Yet, every time I start the computer I am asked to "unlock the keyring".
>> Searching the official documentation I could not find anything.
>>

> If your login in password is the same as your keyring password, you
> will never be asked to unlock the keyring.
>
> Brian

I concur with Brian.  As long as the password is blank /or/ the same as
your user, the keyring will not prompt you for a password.  Don't let
anyone tell you otherwise, check the archive for extensive discussions
on the subject.

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple.  If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."