Beginner Q3: Is there a way of permanently unlocking the keyring?

Thomas Blasejewicz thomas at s7.dion.ne.jp
Sun Jan 17 09:30:36 UTC 2010

Good evening
I have set "system - administration - login" to automatically login.
Yet, every time I start the computer I am asked to "unlock the keyring".
Searching the official documentation I could not find anything.

Somewhere in a forum someone asked the same question and received the
answer: that (the request to unlock the keyring) is perfectly normal.
Somewhere else I found:
"PASSWORDED MEDIA
In addition, if the keyring is locked, the user may be prompted to
unlock it via standard gnome-keyring mechanisms."

Fine, but it does not say how to do that.
Can someone please enlighten me as to how to do that?

****
In fact, I would prefer NOT to be asked for my password at all (at least
for some time)->
I am trying to get friendly with Linux. For that purpose - experiments
ONLY - I use a notebook PC I bought second hand. I am the only person
using this computer and even if it would explode, it would not affect my
work or anything else. So, for the moment security etc. is fine - but
irrelevant.
In this situation is is at best annoying to be forced constantly to
verify to myself that I am me.
(in a medical setting this would probably be called a personality disorder)

I am really sorry for asking this kind of stupid questions.