Question on Choosing Netbook - looking for experience

Alin-Andrei nilarimogard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 20:48:10 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 22:32, Patton Echols <p.echols at comcast.net> wrote:

> I am finally closing in on buying a netbook. (Those with long memories
> will recall that I have posted a couple of questions over several months)
>
> I have narrowed my choices down to a HP (mini 210-1010nr) with atom n450
> and and Acer (AO532h-2588) w/ the same processor.  On paper, they both
> have the same specs except the Acer can have up to 2Gb ram, both ship
> with 1GB.  My research indicates that I should be able to install Ubuntu
> on either.
>
> Question:  Anyone have any experience with these units?  Any reason to
> choose one over the other / or avoid one?  If all else is the same, I
> will pick the one I can add increase the RAM.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --PE

I can't tell you which to chose, but I can tell you what I would like to get
:D

I like Asus for their battery life mostly. I've heard that the new Eeepc
1201N <http://www.webupd8.org/2009/11/asus-eeepc-1201n-netbook-review.html>has
a dual core Intel Atom 330 2/3 GB of RAM and I especially like the
nVidia ION graphics card (I think it was supposed to be available for
purchase in December, 2009 or something like that). But I don't own one so I
cannot tell you my impressions on it.