System Freezes With gnome-screensaver-preferences [SOLVED]

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 16 14:10:40 UTC 2010

Further googling with another set of words led me to some information
that was helpful, like this:

Call up gconf-editor from a terminal.  Once there, go to apps ->
gnome-screensaver and you can change the settings.

There were a couple of screensavers that still didn't respond, but I
realised that I'd installed them after the main body of screensavers
through Synaptic, so I just deleted them via Synaptic.

I don't know if this is any good to anyone, but there it is.
--
Graham Todd