big backup file

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sat Jan 16 00:41:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:34:11 -0700
"Karl F. Larsen" <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:16:38 -0700

> > Karl - I'm wondering. Why would you use Gparted? Unless Gparted
> > shows more then disk drives and partitions.
> >
> > Are you really trying to see how large a drive/partition is or are
> > you trying to view the size of the possible archive itself?
> >

> 	Well I was expecting to see about a 25GB archive. Instead I
> see a 147 GB archive. There needs to be a reason.
>
> 73 Karl

Curious. If you are using Gnome, try using Nautilus and is possible, go
to the 147 gig partition/drive and see if your archive is there. If so,
how large is it?

I could be wrong (so forgive me if I am) but I suspect your using the
incorrect tool for what you want to do.

Possible?

--
Best regards,

Chris

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the
government fears the people, there is liberty."

           -- Thomas Jefferson