Teatime does not produce a sound from file desktop-login.ogg

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 00:40:44 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Detlef Lechner <Detlef.Lechner at gmx.net> wrote:
> I set up Teatime using the sound file desktop-login.ogg.
> But Teatime does not produce this sound.
> >From what set of files do I have to select a sound file for Teatime?
> '~$ man teatime; No manual entry for teatime.'
dpkg -L teatime shows no interesting files either.
aptitude show teatime does give you a website though
http://det.cable.nu/teatime/index.rbx
which seems to say it uses gstreamer, and thus should play ogg files I
would think.
Perhaps a poke around that website would give you a place to start.
Does the ogg file play in Movie Player?

Brian