WUBI, VMs etc

Steve yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 14 21:34:49 UTC 2010

Rather then bog down another, unrelated, thread on this I thought I’d
start a new one.

I’ve seen the suggestion more than a few times that people, often newbies,
use WUBI or a VM to try Linux out.  While WUBI is a quite good system for
testing a distro without the problems of partitioning, which often
frightens people  and can be occasionally problematic.  I don’t believe
VMs are a very good suggestion at all.  Apart from the problem of setting
one up, you won’t know where problems lie.  Is it with Windows, Linix or
the VM?  Nor is it a good test of the hardware for Linux.

Discuss

--
Steve