Using Hard Drive Instead of Flash Drive For Live ISO

clintin at linuxmail.org clintin at linuxmail.org
Thu Jan 14 21:23:23 UTC 2010

>Is it possible to put a copy of the Live ISO on a small (800MB) hard
drive
>and use it in the same way one would do a CD or flash drive, as a
>persistent file.

Seems we just had this discussion.  Using Grub2 as the bootmanager,
you can do this, and it really doesn't matter if Grub2 is installed on
a CD,
flash drive, or hard drive, the principals are the same.  Check out my
blog
post here as I provide several links on using Grub2  for multi-booting
iso's:

http://www.boiselug.org/node/66

Also checkout this link:

http://www.linuxforu.com/how-to/create-multiboot-discs/