Autologin lost on upgrade to mythbuntu 9.10 from 9.04

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Wed Jan 13 09:24:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, January 12, 2010 20:43, sdavmor wrote:
> sdavmor wrote:
>> One quick question since everything else on my upgrade from Ubuntu
>> 9.04 to 9.10 went very well on my Myth TV media server. The upgrade
>> was done "in place" this morning.
>>
>> Before the upgrade it would autologin and start mythtv. Now I get
>> the user login screen. Once I select the user (there's only one on
>> our media center server) and put in the user password everything
>> proceeds as before. Where do I need to go to force-fix this so it
>> starts up and logs itself in as it used to do?
>
> Solved. It's in the mythbuntu config tools.

I have the same problem, but I don't use Mythbuntu. I also don't have any
of the Gnome or KDE configuration GUIs, because I use Crunchbang
(lightweight Ubuntu with Openbox desktop).
Is there a configuration file that I can edit? I suppose it is something
in the gdm configuration?

--
Amedee Van Gasse