iTouch Sync

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 13 01:36:04 UTC 2010

On 01/12/2010 05:18 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 01/12/2010 03:39 PM, Jack Wallen wrote:
>> Is my reply to an email sent by Mark C. Miller, that said:
>>
>>> Rudimentary question, probably asked and answered a thousand times,
>>> but I'll be darn if I can find an answer.I read the list via gmane,
>>> so there's no archive I know of.
>>>
>>> I recently got an iTouch for attending a conference.  My first foray
>>> into the Apple world.  I had a music collection in MP3 format I
>>> played on a Zune I owned.  Zune broke.
>>>
>>> I would really like to get away from iTunes.  I've had real good luck
>>> downloading music from Amazon.  Now I just need a way to sync my
>>> music on my Ubuntu (9.04) box with the iTouch.
>>>
>>> Has anyone found a "best solution" for this environment?
>>
>> MCM,
>>
>> Take a read of my article on ghacks.net:
>>
>> http://www.ghacks.net/2009/12/20/syncing-your-iphone-or-itouch-with-linux/
>>
>> that should help you get away from itunes. ;-) hope that helps.
>>
>> jack
>
> Cool! I'd be messing about with my wife's iTouch (iPod touch) (jailbroke
> it, ssh'ed into it from the desktop, etc. etc., but still ended up
> having to boot to Win + iTunes to easily add music to it). I'll give
> your instructions a try. Thanks.

Hmmm... maybe not such a good idea on karmic:
E: /var/cache/apt/archives/libusbmuxd1_1.0.0-0ubuntu1~ppa2_i386.deb:
trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/libusbmuxd.so.1.0.0', which is also in
package libusbmux0 0
E: /var/cache/apt/archives/usbmuxd_1.0.0-0ubuntu1~ppa2_i386.deb: trying
to overwrite '/lib/udev/rules.d/85-usbmuxd.rules', which is also in
package libusbmux0 0

And that's with the proper key and setup from:
https://launchpad.net/~pmcenery/+archive/ppa?field.series_filter=karmic