registering

Amedee Van Gasse amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Tue Jan 12 23:02:20 UTC 2010

On 12-01-10 22:18, Andrew Farris wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 10:04 -0600, Emil Payne wrote:
>>
>> Andrew Farris wrote:
>>>
>>> Ubuntu does not need to be 'registered' or 'activated' or anything of
>>> that nature, in order to use it. It's free for any use, forever. See
>>> here for more info:
>>>
>>> http://www.ubuntu.com/community/ubuntustory/philosophy
>>>

>> Mayhaps he is wondering about this:
>>
>>   >  Registered Linux User: 473690
>>   >  Registered Ubuntu User: 22747
>>
>> http://linuxcounter.org
>>
>> All it is is a survey, poll, census.
>> Nothing official.
>> All you get is a number.
>> I'm #490710.
>>
>> (btw - where do you register for Ubuntu?)
>
> here: http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net/index.php
> :)

Doods...
Ziaus Samad is not a real person, it's a just spam bot. I even doubt
that he is really from Bangladesh. Probably it's just a hacked computer,
pwnd by the Russian Business Network (aka the Russian Cybermaffia).
The link that he posted is probably some phishing site.
Don't click on the link, don't reply.

I'll shut up now because I am not following my own advice.

--
Amedee