Resolved: Everybody SAMBA! redux deux

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 12 18:55:58 UTC 2010

On 01/12/2010 02:07 AM, Emil Payne wrote:

> by the way, it was an upgrade that came through a day or two ago.  So it
> might have been another upgrade that came a week or month ago that broke
> it.  I don't know when it broke since I don't use samba or networking
> often other than for printing.

You might try using ipp, works well for me. From the windows machine you
need to use 'http' instead of 'ipp' in the path. From the Ubuntu
machines, ipp. Examples with the printer on the Ubuntu machine:

Ubuntu to Ubuntu:
ipp://<targetipaddress>/printers/<printername>
Note: you may have to use:
ipp://<targetipaddress>:630/printers/<printername>

Windows to Ubuntu:
http://<targetipaddress>/printers/<printername>

Note: on my small home/office network I only have 6-8 machines, so all
are set for fixed IP's with a small block reserved for dhcp (mostly for
testing & guests).