changing minimum password length in Jaunty

Stephen Burke steve.burke.56 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 16:13:58 UTC 2010

I was able to enforce the password length that I needed via the
pam_cracklib module.  I didn't realize I needed to install it.  Here's
the steps I used.

sudo apt-get install libpam-cracklib

The /etc/pam.d/common-password file is modified and out of the box
strong passwords with a minimum length of 8 will be enforced.

Steve