how do I print from wine to pdf

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 12 10:46:34 UTC 2010

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 22:05:30 -0500
Paul S <paulatgm at gmail.com> uttered these words:

> > I am however curious which version of OOo you are using that is
> > failing to preserve the formatting. If you'd like to send me a
> > sample doc directly I can test in 3.1.1 (Ubuntu and OOo standard),
> > 3.2, and 3.3dev.
>
> It's a bit too big to upload.  I've tried all the ooo before.  The
> problem is that the pictures and drawings get shifted out of place
> and then the rest of the document is out of alignment.  I tried once
> to drag a graphic back where it originally was, and it upsets a whole
> bunch more of the formatting.
[snipped]

Just as a thought, have you tried Abiword (with the plugins)?

When doing a "save as", Abiword has a dropdown menu of formats in which
to save documents, and .pdf is amongst them. You can open a document in
a number of formats (.doc being one of them).

This is generally the best course to follow if OpenOffice is too large
or it doesn't work as Abiword has a significantly lower "overhead" as
OOo.

--
Graham Todd