regression from 9.04. wireless sometimes not recovering after suspend.

Jay Daniels dnls at pointyhats.com
Mon Jan 11 23:41:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 21:19 +0000, Colin Law wrote:
> 2010/1/11 chris <chevhq at gmail.com>:
> > Well put, and this is the experience of a lot of users in my area.
> > This is the down side of the cannonical drive to release a "new"
> version
> > every 6 months
> >
> > They would be better IMHO to release less and make the versions ,ore
> > stable
>
> They do release less often for those who want a more stable system,
> that is what the LTS releases are for.  If you want a quiet life stick
> to those, if you like to live dangerously then upgrade every six
> months and accept the fact that there may be occasional problems
> (rarely insoluble, or do I mean unsolvable?).
>
> Colin

But they are actually pushing 9.10.  If you go to www.ubuntu.com, 9.10
is here message on front page.  If you click download, the download for
9.10 is the only option on the page, at first glance.

They say 9.10 - this is the latest version, in the description.  On 8.04
LTS download link, they say, this is for large deployments.

I do not see it that way.  They should point out that 8.04 is the stable
version.  9.10 is the development version.

jay