Non-booting machine and missing user rights on USB drives

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 19:05:59 UTC 2010

ma, 2010-01-11 kello 17:35 +0100, Markus Schönhaber kirjoitti:

Thanks very much for your answer Markus. What you say about user rights
is interesting, and I'll take a better look at the matter as soon as I
have the time. I just heard, that installation from the live-CD stops
almost instantly after it has started in the machine with the boot
problem. The CD is tested, so the hard drive might be failing after all.
Windows still boots, but some times hard drives fail gradually.

I'll come back to tell when I find out what the problem is.

-Ari-