TBird 3 (Shredder) on Ubuntu 9.10

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 11 18:09:15 UTC 2010

On 01/11/2010 12:37 AM, Gordon wrote:
> Anyone running this?
> Everything works OK apart from my subscription to news.individual.net
> which requires a Username and Password.
> Shredder doesn't seem to be able to use User name and Passwords on News
> servers at all. There's no option to enter these when accessing the
> server (as there is with v2 and 3 on Windows).
> I get a "NNTP error. Aborted by User" message and can't access any
> groups. (This does NOT happen using TB3 on Windows BTW)
> Can anyone help?

Try deleting your existing password in the password manager, closing TB
and trying again. TB should prompt you for a new username and password &
from then on you should be ok. Note: can't verify as I do not have a
news.individual.net. I do however, have a news.eternal-september.org
account that requires a username & password and that works fine for me.