File transfer problem

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:29:39 UTC 2010

Johnneylee Rollins wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>        What I would like to do is copy the files on the little hard
>> drive to the computer which has WinXP and Ubuntu 9.04 in the
>> /dev/sda5 partition.
>>

>>        Does anyone have an idea how to start?
>>

> Mount the ext3 partition -> properly mount the other partition -> cp
> -Rv /path/to/ext3partiton/* /path/to/other/

	The problem is that the Linux mount cannot mount a windows
ntsf file system using the form sudo mount -t ntsf /dev/sda5
/mnt. The 9.04 LiveCD lets you make a windows ntsf file
system. Friends tell me it is far better than FAT32.

	There appears to be a software that allows a windows system
to read an ext3 file. This is backward to what I need.

	If there is a way to write a mount that mounts ntsf file
systems I sure need to know it. I have read and re-read man
mount and it looks bad.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI