Ubuntu 9.10 not working in XP OS list

Gordon gbplinux at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 12:06:33 UTC 2010

Nick Stinnett wrote:
> I've recently installed Ubuntu 9.10 and when I reboot and go to OS
> list(with Windows XP) and try to run Ubuntu it doesn't run and it
> doesn't find it in my hard drives I believe. But I know I installed it
> correctly and I have it on one of my harddrives.

What EXACTLY do you mean by "reboot and go to OS list"?
If you installed GRUB in the correct location then booting up should
automatically show the list of OSs on the computer with Ubuntu 9.10 at
the top.
The computer should then boot into m9.10 automatically unless you tell
it not to.
What EXACTLY is happening?

--
Registered Linux User no 240308