Calendar application with simple events list (not days, weeks or months) - any suggestions?

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Fri Jan 8 20:53:20 UTC 2010

NoOp wrote:
> On 01/08/2010 08:47 AM, Chris G wrote:
>> I'm looking for a calendar/task application that's capable of showing
>> upcoming events as a simple list as opposed to showing a day, week or
>> month view.
>>
>> I.e. I want to see, say, the next ten events regardless of how far
>> apart they are.  If they're all tomorrow then I will just see ten
>> events tomorrow, if they're all months ahead I will *still* see the
>> next ten events spaced over several months.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest an application that can show things this way?
>> Apart from the viewing requirement I just want a fairly simple
>> task/calendar application.
>>

> Perhaps lightning (if you are using Thunderbird or SeaMonkey), or
> sunbird if you want a stand alone.
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/
>
> The task window will show task for: Today, Tomorrow, Soon.
>
> both are also in the repositories, but I install directly from
> mozilla.org. In the repo's, lightning is 'lightning-extension'.

The latest release version of Lightening apparently has not been updated
to work with Thunderbird 3.0. At least that is the message I recieved
when I tried to install it.  As a test i donwloaded the latest nightly
and it installed and seems to be running OK.  I haven't had a chance to
do much with it yet and probably won't for awhile yet.

Regards,  Jim