Touch screens and Ubuntu

Dedhi Sujatmiko sujatmiko.dedhi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 17:00:19 UTC 2010

Rei Shinozuka wrote:
> Between laptop/tablets like the thinkpad x series tablet, and
> touchscreen desktops like the Shuttle XPC SD50XW, i'm wondering what
> sort of support ubuntu has for these devices.

I have the HP TX10005AU convertible tablet with Windows Vista. When I
installed Ubuntu 8.04 until 9.04, none of of them having capability of
the touch screen out of the box. Reading many blog/web site, looks like
I do need to back to the Jurassic era of hacking the Xorg.conf, which is
the main fun-crasher of using Linux and xBSD in the old days (that is
why I was succumbed to Solaris, IRIX, HP-UX and AIX, their GUI is just
works, with their proprietary hardware).