Calendar application with simple events list (not days, weeks or months) - any suggestions?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Fri Jan 8 16:47:28 UTC 2010

I'm looking for a calendar/task application that's capable of showing
upcoming events as a simple list as opposed to showing a day, week or
month view.

I.e. I want to see, say, the next ten events regardless of how far
apart they are.  If they're all tomorrow then I will just see ten
events tomorrow, if they're all months ahead I will *still* see the
next ten events spaced over several months.

Can anyone suggest an application that can show things this way?
Apart from the viewing requirement I just want a fairly simple
task/calendar application.

--
Chris Green