Gparted and mounting

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 00:34:17 UTC 2010

Kim Briggs wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Â  Â  Â  Â I had to make an extended partition on a 650 GB HD and that
>> went fine. But then I made a 20 GB partition and it is a FAT32
>> file system. I then formated to FAT32. Alas Gparted shows the
>> partition correct but it is not mounted.
>>
>> Â  Â  Â  Â Never had this problem before. Looked at gparted help and
>> found what should be there but it is not.
>>
>> Â  Â  Â  Â Guess I could change it to a ext3 partition and see if that
>> mounts. But I do need at least a FAT32 file system for windowsXP.
>
> Hi Karl,
>
> I don't "do" the terminal with /etc/fstab myself.  Have you tried
> using pysdm, the Python Storage Device Manager?
>
> http://kimbriggs.com/computers/computer-notes/linux-notes/linux-partitions-2nd-hard-drive-backup.file
>
> Works for me,

	Lots worse than that! I didn't know what mounted means! Since
I wrote that I learned more and consider you have 10 versions
of Ubuntu on your HD, and you look at it with Gparted.

	After doing this I discovered that the ONLY mounted partition
is the one I am using. The other 9 versions are not mounted.
So if you see a partition unmounted it is normal...ge-whiz.

	So off I go with new information I didn't have yesterday.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User