Yet Another Boring Discussion About The CoC

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Tue Jan 5 18:19:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 12:35:49AM -0800, Patton Echols wrote:
> On 01/04/2010 10:20 AM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> >
> > No, *I* hadn't better do anything. As far as I'm concerned dictators,
> > benevolent or otherwise, can stick it where the sun don't shine.

             .............snip...........

> I do not suggest that incivility on this list compares in any way to the
> examples.  Only that thumbing one's nose at authority only works as long
> as the authority ignores you.

Not thumbing my nose at all. I was responding to Amedee's statement that "If
Mark Shuttleworth requests something, you'd better interpret it as an
imperative". The tone grated on me.

One more thing. Shuttleworth may be influential but he certainly doesn't
dictate...at least not to me.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279