newsgroup iso email for this list

user1 bqz69 at telia.com
Tue Jan 5 06:15:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 20:13:41 +0000, Aart Koelewijn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As asked:
>>On Thu, November 19, 2009 11:19, Aart Koelewijn wrote:
>
>>> I don't understand why people use email for this list when there is a

I find it easier to use a newsreader (I use Pan) instead of your e-mail
client  for managing your mailing lists.

Install Pan using synaptic (in ubuntu).

Add as news server:

Pan - Edit - Edit News Servers - Add - "news.gmane.org"

Add your e-mail address:

Pan - Edit - Edit Posting Profiles - "your e-mail address"

Then Search for "gmane.comp.video.pitivi.general" as group name (use
search box top left in Pan) and then right click on the found group and
choose
"subscribe".

Please note, that there is thousands of other mailing lists out there.

gmane.linux.ubuntu.user (is the group for ubuntu-users mailing listen)

A practical setup item:

Pan - Edit - Edit Preferences - Behaviour - Groups - mark "Get new
headers in subscribed grupos on start up"

When you post/follow up first time you will receive an e-mail asking
you to reply to the mail, and when you have done that you are up to use
the pitivi mailing list using Pan.

This should be done for each new newsgrups you subscribe to.