[Oracle 10g-XE] Anyone have any experience w/karmic?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 5 04:28:40 UTC 2010

[Oracle 10g-XE] Anyone have any experience w/karmic?

My son took a college course in dbm using the above so I thought I'd
give it a spin and install and test. I was able to get it up & running,
but as soon as I rebooted I can get it to start again unless I modify
/etc/default/oracle-xe and set: CONFIGURE_RUN=false and then rerun 'sudo
/etc/init.d/oracle-xe configure.

I've tried:
http://mikesmithers.wordpress.com/2009/12/07/installing-oracle-xe-on-ubuntu-9-10/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/linux/install/xe-on-kubuntu.html
http://mediakey.dk/~cc/ubuntu-howto-install-oracle/
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-install-linux-oracle-database-xe-server/
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1005593&tstart=0
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Oracle10g

And I'm a bit stumped on how to resolve the problem. Suggestions?